Roller Banner Information
WHAT ARE ROLLER BANNERS?
A roller banner is a self -standing, retractable banner stand with a printed graphic panel. This panel is inserted into an aluminium spring-loaded base. Roller banners can be rolled away into their own bases to protect the printed panel and to make transportation easy.
There are other names for these rolled advertising pennants: Pull up banners, retractable banners, banner stands, roll up banners, pop up stands, but they all fulfil the same function, to display portable and changeable messages to a chosen public in a convenient and effective way.
WHY CHOOSE ROLLER BANNERS?
- They are quick and easy to assemble.
- They are durable and withstand continual use.
- They can be stored easily and take up little space.
- They can be used at multiple locations, including outdoors.
- They are straight forward to transport.
HOW DO ROLLER BANNERS WORK?
The printed banner graphic is attached onto a roller within a metal base and is designed to pull up out of this casing for display and then to roll back into it after use. It takes less than 30 seconds to pull the graphic to full height and to attach it to the stabilising pole.
The graphic acts as an advertising placard to send messages to a specific audience.
See how easy it is – read the step by step guide to assembling a roller banner
HOW TO CHANGE A ROLLER BANNER GRAPHIC?
Roller banners arrive fully assembled and are ready to use straight from the box. However, the graphic panel can be disconnected from its base and replaced with a new panel. Replacement panels can be ordered but read our advice before you order.
To release the graphic panel from its base you will need an Allen Key which is usually supplied with the new graphic.
- Pull out the existing panel to its full length.
- Insert the Allen key into the small hole in the side of the base to lock the mechanism
- Gently separate the graphic from its leader sheet.
- Open the header bar (the metal bar at the top of the graphic) by removing the plastic plugs and separate the two components, releasing the graphic panel.
- To insert the new panel, ensure the print is facing forward by checking the clip that attaches to the pole is on the back. The panel should be fully inserted into the header bar along its length and the two metal parts clamped together to fix it in place. Do not forget to insert the plastic caps either end of the bar.
- Attach the new panel to the roller banner base by aligning the adhesive strip with the panel edge.
HOW TO DESIGN A ROLLER BANNER?
There are several options to choose from to create your own pull up banner.
You can come up with your own design using one of the many desktop publishing programmes on offer. Adobe Illustrator is a good one as it is user friendly and compatible with most systems.
A word of warning; your artwork needs to comply with the printer’s quality and sizing stipulations.
Download one of the templates from a graphic designer or printer website and adapt it to your requirements.
Use a professional designer to transform your brief into a roller banner design.
HOW TO PRINT A ROLLER BANNER?
Select a printer either on line or locally and upload your finished design to their website or hand deliver it yourself. If you have instructed a professional design studio or roller banner manufacturer they will print your banner for you inhouse, as per the brief.
Note – your design must be Print Ready.
HOW TO USE A ROLLERBANNER?
Follow the guide on how to put up a roller banner.
Roller banners can be used in variety of settings including exhibitions and trade shows, shopping centres, reception areas, presentations & product launches, or media, museum and charity events. They are used to deliver a strong visual message easily perceived from a distance and are most effective when used to attract attention, create awareness, advertise products and services or as backdrops for exhibitions booths & stands.
ARE ROLLER BANNERS RECYCLABLE?
If you are rebranding, saving money or trying to reduce your carbon footprint the vinyl graphic panels can be removed and replaced with a new one.
WHO ARE ROLLER BANNERS UK?
Based in Southampton, Hampshire, Roller Banners UK are highly skilled and dedicated to producing fast and affordable roller banners throughout the country. All printing is carried out in house on modern machinery producing high quality products delivered on time. As part of the Eazy Print group a range of products are available incorporating litho and digital printing.
Go to RollerbannersUk for the full range of products and services or call 02380 700111 to discuss your design and printing requirements.